Posted on: 20 January 2015Share
Destination beach weddings can be very romantic. But they also require some special considerations. If you, for example, are going to stride down the sand without shoes, you'll want your feet looking their best. And you'll also need to find a dress that will work well in a beach environment.
Make Sure Your Feet Look Sweet
If you are planning to get married on the sand, you'll probably either want to wear a low sandal or go completely barefoot. Heels are definitely not going to work as they will sink into the sand as you walk. So before your wedding date, you will need to:
- Make appointments at the hotel's spa or a nearby nail salon for a pedicure. As a treat for your wedding party, you may want to splurge and pay for your bridesmaids to also have manicures and pedicures done at the same time. This can be a great time to bond, relax and pamper everyone before the big day.
- Take care of any foot issues, such as nail fungus, before you leave for your wedding. If you have been diagnosed with onychomycosis or a fungal nail infection, and your toenails have become discolored, thickened or are generally unsightly, you will want to seek onychomycosis treatment as soon as possible. This is especially important if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort in your feet. Onychomycosis can actually cause your toenails to thicken and press against the inside of your shoes, and you don't want to be in pain while dancing at your reception.
- Ask the resort if they can place an aisle runner down on the sand that you can walk on. Sand can get excruciatingly hot. If the hotel doesn't have a runner, purchase one and bring it with you.
Wedding Dresses that will be a "Shore" Thing
Beach weddings call for beautiful, airy, casual dresses. When choosing a dress, you should:
- Avoid wearing one with a long train. Unfortunately, it will just collect sand as you walk down the aisle.
- Make sure the dress is substantial enough not to blow around. You don't want to spend your entire wedding worrying that a gust of wind will blow your dress up.
- Consider ditching the veil. As romantic as veils are, they can cause a lot of problems if it's windy.
Beach weddings are gorgeous. But because they can be filled with unpredictable moments, it's important to remember to go with the flow. You don't want to appear tense and aggravated to your guests or in all of your wedding pictures.